Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Adam and Eve?

My mom got Maya these really cool felt boards for Christmas. There are different sets including a zoo, an outdoor cafe', a park, a pet shop and the ocean. They are her new all time favorite toys and she will spend hours (yes, literally hours) playing and creating stories. She gives the characters personalitites and she'll use all these silly pretend voices. But my favorite part is that she'll use real dolls and toys to interact with her newly formed 2D world.


This is one that I found laying on the couch in her play room today. I think she was copying a picture of Adam and Eve in the garden from my Albrecht Durer woodcuts book. She loves to flip through our art books and look at all the pictures. She was especially interested in this one because the snake had a human head.


You would think that I would stop being amazed at her retention, but she constantly finds new ways to surprise me. We looked at this book over a month ago and haven't talked about it since.

My child the elephant.